Who we are
Passionate about sustainable food systems, ecosystem restoration, as well as plant, soil & microbial ecology, Shane also works more broadly to engage people with visioning a better way forwards for humanity’s approach to energy, economy and agriculture - via re-partnering with natural systems - so we might provide a chance for future generations to thrive on this planet.
In addition to his advisory work, Shane also enjoys teaching and speaking engagements both locally and abroad, and (when time permits) getting his hands dirty developing / experimenting-on his own small property. In future he looks forward to bringing his expertise to international development work, sustainable food-system design and large-scale land regeneration based on ecological principles.
Education, training & Memberships
- Soil Food Web (Soil ecology : "Life in the Soil", thermal & vermi composting, compost extract/tea and soil assessment / microscopy courses - all completed with distinction) with Dr Elaine Ingham
- Regrarians - Trained in using the Regrarians Platform® (REX online Farm Planning Program) with Darren Doherty & Regrarians team
- Agroforestry Research Trust - Forest Gardening (design & management) with Martin Crawford
- Restoration Agriculture and Forest Ecology - with Mark Shepard, Restoration Agriculture Development (Ecolonomics Action Team)
- Permaculture Research Institute PDC (Permaculture Design Certificate) with Geoff Lawton & Bill Mollison
- BSc Monash University - Majoring in Ecology and conservation biology with minors in Plant Sciences & Geographical Science (graduated with High-Distinction average)
- Lancaster University - Introduction to Soils (Futurelearn)
- Stockholm Environment Institute - Sustainable Food Systems in South East Asia (Futurelearn)
- Member of the New Zealand Ecological Society